Friday, May 2, 2014

The Machines

What is the fun in this with out constantly stopping while on the street to check out bikes or spend too much time reading reviews and drooling over dream machines? All of the steps to get there are fine and dandy but the end goal is to sit on top of a two wheeled machine putting distance between the start and the destination nowhere.

A quick search for motorcycle with present you with an array of options, narrowing it all down lends a few less, and specifics get you want you want to see yourself riding. There are several different classifications of motorcycles; Standard, Cruiser, Sport-bike, Touring, Dual Sport, Off Road. You could expand this this list to include other types like Super Sport, Mopeds/Scooters, and more but for our purposes we will stick with the basics.

My two favorite styles are Standard bikes also called naked bikes and Dual Sport both sit high on my want list.

 Standard bikes feature a comfortable upright riding position, classic styling/less bodywork, great commuter bikes, and easier to handle. The 2014 Triumph Bonneville is a great example of a classic standard bike and is pictured below.


Dual Sport generally references motorcycles with both paved and off road capabilities. The BMW G650GS has been long on my radar and was the bike I initially wanted for touring the world years ago.


With out further ado I present my personal pick of the litter. Some are realistic beginner options and others are just wishful thinking. Is it bad to not even have a license or a first bike and be considering owning multiple motorcycles? 


The Suzuki tu250x. A fun little commuter bike, light, inexpensive, and good to learn and practice on but I am told I would likely outgrow the smaller 250cc bikes quickly. Clean classic styling with homage to the European cafe racers of the 60's and 70's.  


Honda's CB500F sits very high on my list of potential first bikes. It has the style of the BMW 650GS with out the price tag and enough engine power to get around town and take out on the open road. 


As already mentioned previously, the Triumph Bonneville is simply a good looking workhorse of a motorcycle. Sophisticated styling and a powerful 865cc engine to boot. 


And once again the BMW G650GS.

Now those are the realistic bikes I have on my list for a first motorcycle and here the two that I covet the 
most.

2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone



The elegant BMW nineT named so in celebration of 90 years of BMW motorcycle, it took me 90 seconds to decide I wanted one. 

*All pictures are the property of the respective owners and I do not claim ownership of any posted photo media.*

No comments:

Post a Comment